Re: Heated Door Struts?

I think you are on the right track but going the wrong way. When I
last mentioned this problem to Rob Grady about the large change in the
strut's performance summer to winter he said just adjust them twice a
year!
As practical as this advice may be it isn't going to happen! Now that
he is offering the door launchers soon this problem will just seem
worse. I propose, and I guess you can put this on the "wish list", a
temperature compensated strut for the doors. It makes a lot more sense
than trying to heat them or adjusting the torsion bars twice a year. I
realize that this will probably make them even more expensive then
they already are but for most of us the signature feature of the
Delorean is the unique doors. To have them operate correctly is
paramount in the operation of the car. Imagine installing the door
launchers and the doors open anemically and then only halfway! Heating
the struts is just another way to kill the battery quicker. That's
probably why they never installed the side mirror heaters.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, Christian Williams <delorean@xxxx> wrote:
> I was thinking the other day about door launchers and cold weather.
Even