Re: Roof kink

It depends. If the warp or kink is from letting the anchor bracket
loose during adjusting the torsion bar it means the "T" panel has to
be removed and straightened out. The bigger problem could be that the
fiberglass that the anchor bracket is attached to is broken or flexing
as you open or close the door. If this is the case everything has to
be removed and repaired either by fiberglass repair methods or adding
a steel bracket across the back section. If the warp or kink comes and
goes as you open and close the doors the anchor bracket is moving. Be
warned adjusting, removing or replacing the torsion bars requires the
proper tools and experience or you could get hurt and or damage the
rear glass and "T" panel. You don't need to remove the torsion bars to
remove the "T" panel but you do need to remove both of them to fix the
anchors or the fiberglass. Be careful not to scratch the torsion bars!
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757