Re: Futurethink: JZD's very own words.

I think that pretty much all of JZD's comments were right on. If DMC
had stayed in business, the ideas of the use of stainless steel and
composite materials would have come true. After all, take the ideas
for the DeLorean the DMC planned on implementing, and compare them to
both cars of the period, and of one's today:

Powertrain:
50,000 miles.

Body:
25 years against rust & perforation.

Eviornmentally friendly:
No paint, no air pollution.

Sub structure:
Repairable/swappable chassis & light-weight underbody.

While not an option on all models that would have been produced, easy
ingress/egreess will gullwing doors.

Another point that JZD brings up that is quite interesting is about
having a "fun" car. It's interesting that he brings this up about
being a classic or replicar. It is a growing trend, and after all we
all seem to be apart of it too! :)

-Robert
vin 6585 "X"