Re: DeLorean Repair Shops (was sad DeLorean)

Re: DeLorean Repair Shops (was sad DeLorean)

There are many shops across the country that could work on a Delorean.
All of the venders will work with a local shop and talk a mechanic
through procedures. Some even have some experience or worked for
Delorean dealers and were trained on Deloreans.
If you want a "refurbished" Delorean though your choices are limited.
In that case you only have basically four places to go that have the
parts and expertise to be able to claim "refurbished". Two are in
California, one in Texas, and one in New York. There is no standard
for "refurbishing" or "rebuilding" a car, any car, including
Deloreans. Every shop does different things. To compare you must be
knowledgeable about cars so you can compare "aples with apples". I
would think one of the most important things would be the warranty.
This gives a measure of the vendor's confidence in their work.
Reputation is also very important. Be patient and shop around. Prices
aren't going up on "refurbished" anytime soon and in light of the
economy maybe they will even drop.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757