Re: New to list and New York Owners.

There are a lot of us! You really do have to stop by P.J. Grady and
look around. You won't be going home without one or at least you will
be motivated to save up quicker. Yes he does sell Deloreans and since
the one you saw is close by he might even look it over for you. If you
have the last 6 digits of the vin he could probably give you it's
history since he probably saw the car at some time in it's life. He
can help you locate one if you don't see any you like. The local clubs
are also a good place to look as some members sell or know of cars for
sale. If you can make it, there is a holiday social 12/08 in Princeton
where you could met other owners and maybe find the car of your
dreams! For more info on the dinner contact Gary Gore. His E-Mail is
Dmc3360@xxxxx There are several members of this list on Long
Island. $20,000 for a beater is HIGH. Without looking at the car but
from your description I would guess it to be worth about $15-17,000
depending on mechanical condition. Don't forget you cannot blow the
budjet buying the car, you must also have some money budjeted for
repairs and maintaince, tax, and insurance. Fixing "all those little
thigs" can quickly add up to $$$$. You must learn to inspect for the
BIG things like a rusted out frame, collision damage, engine trouble,
and transmission problems. These are the "budjet busters". If Rob
can't look over the prospective car find an owner who can help. Don't
go crazy over a low mileage car as in cars this old mileage isn't
everything, condition and how it was cared for become very important.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

-- In dmcnews@xxxx, rammzmusik@xxxx wrote:
> Hi all, My name is Danny. Im new to all the fun and exciting things
> the DMC news list offers. I browsed the list a few years back but
> it seemed pointless to just continuously get my hopes up of ever owning
> a delorean. Well the time has come where I am God willing within one
> year of purchasing a DeLorean.

[long quote trimmed by moderator]