Starting Problems

I have been having some starting/engine firing problems. I know that various things have been written in the past about different causes, but any insights would be appreciated before the car heads back to my mechanic.

About two months ago, I started having problems as I attempted to start thecar. The engine would turn over and over but it would not fire. This only happened a few times, and eventually it started. A few weeks ago, I could not get it to start at all. My mechanic, while checking the likely causes, performed the ?quick fix? (from DeLorean MidAtlantic) for a bad accumulator but nothing seemed to work. After sitting for a few days, the car started right up. After driving it a great deal 2 weekends ago, the problem occurred about 1/3 of the time but eventually I could get it to start. Last week I could not get it to start OR turn over at all. The battery is OK, but NOTHING happens as I try to start it???

Thanks,

Jason
VIN 7172