Re: Engine Running Problems

The engine will not run smoothly with a lot of fuel injector cleaner
in the system. You really can't tell if if is running correctly until
you use up all of the cleaner and refill the tank with 91 or higher
octane unleaded. In the meantime it sounds like you should replace the
fuel filter and the fuel acumulater to solve the sputtering at high
speed and the hard hot start problems. Fuel system cleaner will
probably not help much if the fuel injectors need to be cleaned. The
only way I know of is to remove them and stick them in a fuel injector
tester to clean and test them properly. Also make sure the throttle is
returning all the way to idle and activates the idle motor micro. Make
sure the 3 brass screws are LIGHTLY seated closed (they are top center
rear on the air intake of the motor). A possible cause for the engine
shutting down when heated up is a bad pick-up coil in the distributer
(it may also be causing the sputtering).
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757