Re: Firing Order

Refer to A:01:01 and C:01:01 in the Workshop Manual for the firing
order, cylinder numbering and ignition specifications. If the idling
is rough but the car runs better at higher RPM's it could be an
indication of vacuum leaks, bad ignition wires, worn spark plugs,
dirty fuel injectors among many other things. If the firing order is
off generally the car won't idle and runs very badly at speed and has
no power if it will run at all. The timming could also be way off so
that should also be checked.Before messing with the ignition system
rule out any trouble in the fuel system. The fuel injectors should be
removed, cleaned, and tested. For the engine to idle smoothly all of
the injectors must be CLEAN and very close to each other re: opening
pressure. This can only be done with an injector pressure tester which
can clean and test the injectors. You could send them to a Delorean
vender or find a Volvo dealer that could do it or just replace them
(expensive). As in the other posts LIGHTLY seat the 3 brass screws
closed, they aren't used, the idle motor controls the air not the
screws.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757