More Sunstar Model Woes...

Hi everyone, like most of you , i too ordered the Sunstar model
actually a couple of them. I too have what i feel are defective
doors. On the one model i did open, the driver's door works great,
the passengers door on the other hand falls right back shut. These
doors are surprisingly heavy! I also noticed a bit of play in the
passengers door when sliding it back and forth along the T-panel.
This is the root i think of the inabaility for the doors to stay open.

Also, my louvres work great, but i didn't notice if anybody has
checked the engine compartment cover. Mine doesn't work. it also
falls right back down. the only way to get it to stay up is to open
the louvres, open the compartment lid, and then wedge the louvres
down on the compartment cover. But as i right this i'm examining that
there is actually a wedge in the spine under them. i'm supposing this
is the intended design. i personally feel that a small wire or
something attached to both would make a finer detail. That way, the
compartment cover opens WITH the louvres.

I feel that maybe by taking a toothpick and painting it black, it
could be used as faux struts. or wedge a small bit toothpick to
tighten up the play along the t-panel.

Anybody got any other solutions? Any word from Sunstar on why the
doors only work partially?

-Jeff Chabotte
Norwich, CT
About to acheive the dream.