DML] Re: trailing arm bolt removal

My 2 cents on trailing arm replacement: Use a waterproof black marking pen
to write on the bottom of each trailing arm the date and the mileage that
the bolt was installed. It wouldn't hurt to also write down the torque used
and from where the bolt was obtained. Then there is little left to the
imagination for the next guy to know what was done last. The writing will
be covered/protected by the dust shield, so don't worry about ruining the
looks of anything.

PLEASE DO THIS. LET'S MAKE IT A WORLD-WIDE STANDARD, OKAY?

I don't have a pit in my garage, so I first used jack stands to get the
weight off the wheels and then used ramps to hold the weight of the wheels
to properly position everything when I tightened it back up.

Since mine is an automatic, I had to take the trailing arm loose from the
hub on the drivers side to get enough room. I had to take the brake line
loose to do this, and believe it or not, I could reach the brake pedal with
my foot and operate the bleed screw by myself at the same time.

Leaving my fears in the back seat and coolness everywhere else. :)
Walt Tampa, FL