[DML] Re: epoxy damage from brake fluid

There's a guy here in the Chicago area who's had a frame at Redi-
strip, in the tank, for MONTHS. The epoxy is not coming off well.
I'll doubt they'll take on another one. Be sure to call them before
you go this route.

Removing epoxy is nothing like removing regular paint. The only
success I've had (in small areas) is with a propane torch. Not good
on a large scale. And very hard-to-impossible to get inside the boxed-
in areas, and the danger is that you'll loosen epoxy inside there and
then fail to properly recoat it.

Dave Swingle

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, senatorpack@xxxx wrote:

> the Redi-Strip Company. (they advertise in Hemmings)
> I believe that they have the ability to strip the DeLorean
frame. It is
> rather expensive as it is a very first class process that involves
no heat