T-panel questions

Hey guys,

i have had a condition where my T-panel has been interfering with the
passenger side door. when you open the door, it rubs the T-panel and if you
watch closely, you can see it flexing and getting pushed to the driver's
side. now that my car is in storage i have begun to try to fix it. i tried
to just loosen the tabs and 6 screws that hold it down, because i wanted to
try to move the whole thing to the driver's side a little bit. well it seems
like my panel is already as far over the driver's side as it will go! then i
noticed that my T panel seems to be higher in the back then kind of slopes
down towards the front. it is not perfectly in line with the doors. is that
how it should be?

anyway, then i removed the whole T-panel. i'm not sure if it is how it
should be. there is a big rubber pad glued to the underside of the T-panel
and there is a bunch of black rubbery gook on the roof where the rubber pad
touches the roof.

is the roof made out of fiberglass? it seems like under a thin layer of
paint i can see some rust.

also there is a rectangular patch of yellowish clear glue about 2/3 of the
way from the windshield to the rear. i can't tell what it is for, it looks
almost like a printed circuit board is under it, like the glue is a
protective layer over it. it looks like there is something green and copper
under there, but i didn't try to pry at it.

can anyone help me out here? i'm not sure what the problem is except maybe
the T panel isn't flush with the roof and it's kind of flexing upward,
hitting the door.

if the panel needs to be glued back to the roof, how do i do that? must i
prep the roof or anything? what kind of glue do i use?

any info is very much appreciated!!!!!!

Andy

Soma576@xxxx
1982 DeLorean DMC-12 VIN#11596