Re: [DML] Re: DMC How are the fuel injector suppose to work in this syst

Re: [DML] Re: DMC How are the fuel injector suppose to work in this system?

In a message dated 11/1/01 6:19:30 PM Central Standard Time, ultra@xxxx
writes:
> Does anyone know if it would be possible to use the fuel rails
> w/injectors from an Eagle Premier engine, or would they interfere
> with the DeLorean's intake manifold? And if that's the case, would it
> be possible to use the intake manifold from the Primer engine as it
> appears to be a bit more refined than the DeLorean's?

Jim,

Altho these two engines are both PRV's and they appear to look very
similar, that's about were things stop being alike. The heads and intake
system on the two engines are completely different. If you ever noticed, the
fuel injectors and ports for the "D" engine are located in the head, while
the injectors and ports on the "E" engine are located in the intake. The
location and spacing of the intake ports and even the spark plug holes are
different between the "D" and "E" heads. An "E" intake will not bolt onto a
set of "D" heads and vis versa. Been there, tried that :-(

Marty