Re: evil rust

Andy,

Rust is always a concern. Rust on the springs is somewhat normal for
all cars. You might want to clean that sway bar up though. Bring it
to a sandblaster and have them remove all the old paint/rust then
either Powder coat it or Paint it with POR-15. As for the Lower
control arms....GET them cleaned up of any rust, they arn't
available anymore (as Walt pointed out) and if you do find one are
VERY expensive. The uppers are available and are in the ballpark of
$100+ (without the ball joint). If you have time I would strip down
the entire front suspension, get all the parts sandblasted (remove
the ball joints before sand blasting!) and get them powder coated OR
paint them with POR-15.

My 2 cents

Steve