Re: [DML] Your first DeLorean purchase II

Re: [DML] Your first DeLorean purchase II

I've got one of those lovely no mile cars sitting near my house as we speak...owner wants (last time I asked) 52,000. Cosmetically, the car is immaculate. The stainless has the original brush on it, the original tires, original door, hood, and louver struts. The original miles say 36 (yes, 36), This car is completely original...all the way down to the original gas, the original oil, the original water in the radiator. The car was bought at the dealership here in town, driven to his business where it sat for 10 years in the showroom in his building. From there it was pushed outside, towed to his mothers house, and stored in the garage. The poor thing hasn't been started since 1982. I've tried numerous times to get him to let me just give the thing a once over, to see exactly how bad off it is...but he refuses. His theory is that any work done to the car now will diminish the value, and that it's worth much more like it is. I'll still give him that it looks great...but I fear the day a prospective buyer decides to try to start it. Sorry, I'd much rather have my 70,000 mile daily driver that has had its share of problems in the past (from someone leaving it sit for too long also) than one that has been completely neglected due to fear of decreasing the monetary value of it. So sad...

Scott
#16738
(and loving it more each day)