Re: [DML] On Buying a DeLorean...BE CAREFUL!!!!

Re: [DML] On Buying a DeLorean...BE CAREFUL!!!!

As this week's moderator I'm going to step in here and add my two cents.
Dick Ryan pointed out that mileage doesn't play as important a role as
maintenance. I belive he's absolutely right. As a member of the "Touring
Society" I can agree that there are cars out there that have higher miles,
but have been taken care of, that are great buys. My car is a one owner, I
bought it new, and it still smells new. It has almost 70,000 miles and I'd
leave tomorrow for either coast, if I could get away, because I trust my car
completly. Others have commented here that maintenance is more important
than miles and vin numbers. I can't imagine that anyone could argue with
that but it seems that there are those that belive that a low mileage
"garage queen" is better than a well maintained , but driven, DeLorean.
You're certainly entitled to your opinion but if you want to feel confidant
to travel the country with your DeLorean you'll need more than low miles to
re-enforce your self assurance that you'll have a trouble free journey.

Bruce Benson