Happy Trails!

Ok, ok, high mileage cars are better than low mileage cars, just not
with me. One more tiny thing, the higher the mileage the more likely
that one or more of those other than competent miserable excuses for a
mechanic has laid hands on it. How I detest those incompetent jerks.
Even my 35,000 mile car had marks everywhere of incompetence, improperly
routed vacuum hose, "unneeded" parts discarded that I had trouble
locating, improper adjustments and on and on. The previous owner was
unaware of all of the really dumb stuff that had been done because the
"mechanic" was from Ireland and had worked at the factory. So much had
to be corrected or reversed I can't begin to cover it here. If you've
never had an unhappy experience with a "mechanic" on you're D you're
either very lucky or very unaware. Read the poor devils on the list,
the car was fine, the fixers were a disaster. If I had my druthers, I'd
choose a car that no one had worked on.

Bottom line, nearly every owner is happy with his car, regardless of
troubles, regardless of VIN number, regardless of mileage. One fact
keeps surfacing, no matter what the problems, no matter how great the
cost or effort involved the car is worth every penny of it. That's true
of Ed's $62,500 owners. Not a one is unhappy with the purchase as far
as I've been able to determine. (Sadly, that price would have taken me
out of the market and we wouldn't be having this wonderfully
constructive dialog)

Cheers!.