Re: low fuel pressure

Remove the 3rd line (the return to the tank) from the fuel accumulater
and see if fuel is comming out of it as you run the pump. It is
becomming very common to see the accumulaters fail after 20+ years of
service. Sitting with fuel in them for prolonged periods of storage
seems to be hard on them as opposed to ones that remain in continuos
service. You could also have plugged or kinked fuel lines. Sometimes
when inexperienced people work on the fuel system they inadvertantly
twist and kink the lines without realizing it, especially in the area
of the fuel accumulater. I also once found a banjo bolt that was
replaced by an ordinary bolt (without the holes in it that allow fuel
to flow through). I guessed that whoever worked on the motorcycle
before me lost the proper bolt and substituted what they had. The
point here is since you have a non-running "D" you cannot take
anything for granted. If after you replace the fuel accumulater and
CAREFULLY cut it open (there is a large spring inside) you can check
the diaphram to see if it is there. When I remove them I shake it and
most of the time little bits of black rubber come out indicating the
diapghram disintegrated. After replacing the fuel accumulater it is
probably a good idea to again replace the fuel filter as the one that
is currrently on the car is catching all of the parts of the bad fuel
accumulater.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757