Re: [DML] Engine Troubles.

In a message dated 10/23/01 6:14:26 AM Central Daylight Time,
DMCVegas@xxxx writes:

> If someone has some quick pointers on how to inspect/replace the
> lines, let me know. Will I be able to reach the water valve with my
> hands? I can change the distributor cap w/o removing anything, but I
> not sure If I can reach these lines. If it helps, I have a manual
> transmission.
>
> Thanks!
>
> -Robert

Robert,

if you have small hands like myself, you should be able to replace every
vacuum hose in there for pretty cheap. you don't necessarily have to buy it
from a vendor - vacuum hose is vacuum hose!! bring an example of each size of
hose used in the car and have your favorite shop give you a few feet of it.
then just cut it as you need it! it should NOT be so brittle that it just
'snaps' into place - that tells me right away that you have leaks all over
because if you don't 'snap' it in just like it was before you took it out,
you just made a new leak because the hose doesn't mold around the nipples
anymore. also it is probably cracked in some of the hose bends and stuff.
as for the vacuum hoses running to the mode switch, i don't know how those
run because i have never investigated them. but be prepared to take apart
your whole console. Rob Grady told me that a hissing AC mode switch WILL
affect engine operation!!!

and with the thermal control /water valve, just look at your vacuum diagram
and grab one of the hoses that goes down there from a different component and
follow it down until you feel the three-nippled valve. it's way in there -
but i can grab it. i might even be able to replace it if i had to without
removing any engine components!!!

Andy

And

Soma576@xxxx