More on the Mystery Electrical Gremlin (Grrrrrrr!)

More on the Mystery Electrical Gremlin (Grrrrrrr!)

Since posting about my problem, I've recieved 4 replys (I had to
telnet into my mail server to read my e-mail), with 4 seperate
answers. All appear to make sense, so I will naturally check all
points out. However, this has lead me to ask some new questions.

1.> Electrical short in the CPR heater.
This seems obvious, and shouldn't be too much of a problem to remedy.
2.> Fuel Pump going bad.
While the pump is supposed to be new, I do realize that things do of
course go bad. So my question here is how do I check how much current
the pump is drawing, vs. what is considered normal?
3.> Puctured wiring harness.
Something new I've never heard of, but does sound logical. So, here
my question is of course how do I inspect/access the harness to
repair/prevent this from happening again? I currently have my old
clutch plate sitting under the spare tire to balance the weight ratio
of the car to improve road grip. So removal of excess trunk wieght
isn't a viable option at this point.
4.> I can remove fuse #7 to install a heavy duty, in-line fuse
holder. That's not a problem at all. But I am a bit curious as to
what the design flaw is. Is it the issue with the wiring harness
under the driver side fender, or is it because too many accessories
are fed thru this one fuse?

Now, a little back ground. My inertia switch has been removed from
the circuit entirely. Last year when my fuel pump failed in traffic,
I had to bypass the inertia switch to get the fuel pump to run. The
pump is now grounded directly to the chassis.

A week ago, my fuel pump did become noisy a couple of times. But
after inspecting the pickup hose, there are no leaks, and the hose is
rock solid with the spring installed.

Before I go, many thanks out to everyone who has helped me thus far!

-Robert