Re: Wobbley Acceleration

I would suggest that you have an electronic 4 wheel alignment
performed by a GOOD and competant shop. In particular they MUST check
and if needed adjust the "thrust angle" of the rear wheels. This is
done by adding or removing the shims under the trailing arm bolts in
effect causing the wheels to point straight ahead. Imagine if you will
the results of the wheels pointing even slightly to one side or the
other. The result would be the thrust vector causing the car to lead
to one side or the other under acceleration. Another consequence would
be accerated wear on the tire that is "farther back" than the other as
it is being dragged. The trailing arm bolts must also be properly
torqued. Refer to the alignment specs in the workshop manual. Even if
the car is not in the alignment machine's data base they can enter the
specs in manualy. (Also check tire wear and pressures as that also has
an effect.)
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757