Re: [DML] Re: Molds/Body Dies

David Swingle wrote:

> This thread comes up from time to time. What people seem to ignore is
> simple economic forces. There were about 8000 cars made, Most of them
> are still around in some form.

Even under these economic conditions, it *would* be worthwhile for someone to
reproduce the dies, if they intended to make more brand new DeLoreans. Not a
likely scenario!

Imagine an alternate universe in which the dies were not sunk in the ocean.
Would anyone have bothered to use them yet? I doubt that even the left front
fender would be worth a production run for many years to come. The dies
would be gathering dust somewhere.

Perhaps in a century or two, when the supply of stainless panels becomes
truly critical, it will be possible to make new ones using the latest Super
Molecular Reproductionizer that everyone will have in their basement.

Until then: don't worry, drive stainless.

- Mike Substelny