Re: [DML] troubles with aftermarket rims (long)

Re: [DML] troubles with aftermarket rims (long)

Walt,

I agree that it is extremely difficult to find decent aftermarket rims for
our DeLoreans. Maybe this is a blessing because that way the cars do not
become so bastardized.

After spending the time to thoroughly research all aspects of the fitment of
aftermarket rims I am convinced that it is very unlikely that any retail rim
shop could ever pull it off without at least one aspect of your experience.

Several weeks ago I sent out information on a set of rims that can be
obtained and for very decent pricing. I have purchased a set and they fit
and look great. They are a sizing flook that do not require any spacers and
have no side effects that I have discovered. Even the same company does not
offer the same size combinations in any other style of rim. Fortunately I
like the style, as there was no choice involved. I will resend the posting
if requested.

Really sorry about your bad experience

Donald L. Ekhoff
(408) 221-2822 (if you want to talk)