Re: [DML] Detomaso Pantera ...gullwing?

In a message dated 08/09/2001 10:06:34 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
delorean502@xxxx writes:

<< Subj: [DML] Detomaso Pantera ...gullwing?
Date: 08/09/2001 10:06:34 PM Eastern Daylight Time
From: delorean502@xxxx
To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Did the Pantera ever come in a gullwing version? I met a guy today
who used to run a body shop. He said a Pantera came in once with
gullwing doors. I've never heard of them having gullwings. Also,
this guy claims that when the delorean came out he had them in the
shop all the time because of stress fracture on the doors. Has
anybody heard of this? I know the Bricklin was known to do that and
I asked him if maybe he was confusing the D with the Bricklin, but he
stood his ground.

The original DeTomaso Mangusta had a Gullwing door engine compartment
openings.

Maybe he also worked at the Dunmurry factory when DMC decided to strip off
the paint from the cars and sell them unpainted.

Mike