Re: P-R-V 1-2-3

DMC knew the performance of the car as built with the steel frame was
lacking because the car came out heavier than origionaly designed with
the composite frame. Being forced to go with the engine package
because of EPA certifacation requirements caused the power to weight
ratio to be higher than anticipated. The "magic bullet" was to add a
turbo to the car. This is what Legend Industries (well known in the
industry for having the ability to prototype and do small scale
production runs on turbo installations) was doing for DMC when DMC
declared banckrupcy. In so doing and at the time owing Legend millions
of dollars it caused Legend to also declare bankrupcy. (Great system
isn't it?) The British Government caused a ripple effect that hurt
many automotive suppliers besides killing DMC and Legend Industries.
The turbo installation changed the personality of the car as anyone
who has one will tell you. It is still available to be installed on
the Delorean and IMHO is a better option than trying an engine swap.
DMC Houston also has engineered an uprated naturally aspirated PRV-6
that is supposed to achieve similar results without a turbo. Driver
reports indicate that it's performance is impressive and may be a
better alternative.
The distributer is where it is because this was origionaly a front
wheel drive package. The Bosch fuel system contrary to much of what
you may hear is a very reliable and effecient fuel system. The main
problem with it is people working on it and not knowing what they are
doing.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, Jim Strickland <ihaveanaccount@xxxx> wrote:
> I just opened up my fuel sender unit; the gas light wasn't coming
on...
> Seems there was a little bit of non-conductive material on the
> contacts... A few scrapes and I'm off to the races! What an easy
job;
> the whole deal from start to finish was 10 minutes. I love the
Delorean.