From: Peter Lucas [mailto:lucas@xxxx]
Sent: Sunday, July 29, 2001 11:38 AM
To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [DML] Last call for Yokos

A while back someone reported a rumor that our beloved Yokohama AVS
Intermediate tires were soon to be discontinued. Apparently this has
come to pass. Last week I went to tirerack.com to order a set and
discovered to my dismay that (unlike 3 weeks earlier) the front tires
are no longer available (as of today they still have the rears). I
called the friendly people at Tirerack.com and they said that the
tire was discontinued and they could no longer get new stock. They
gave me the customer service number at Yokohama Tires, who confirmed
this claim. They said they were receiving a lot of irate calls. I
asked if a replacement tire was in the works. They replied that they
thought so, but have received no concrete information. They said that
this suggests that a new product was at least a year away.

In a mild panic, I started calling around everywhere. Things were
looking grim until I finally called my local Sears Auto Center, who
were able to special order a set of 4 tires, which I just picked up.

Sooo, if you will be needing tires soon, you might want to act quickly.

--pete lucas
VIN #06703

www.dmcnews.com/Admin/rules.html

moderator@xxxx