Re: [DML] Where should my clutch grab?

Payne, I installed a new clutch in my car about 4 weeks ago, 51,000 miles car
# 11004. I used to feel the clutch was weak and was engaging a little of the
top. I adjusted the top of the peddle screw for more travel but after
installing the new clutch, it grabs a little off the bottom with plenty of
travel at the top. No, clutch peddle adjustment needed. My feeling is if you
need more adjustment than what the screw allows at the top, then you may be
ready for a new clutch. The new adjustment peddle linkage that Gradys sells
may be great to have, but if it's needed, you may be covering up a problem
before it happens. Clutches won't last forever. If you keep driving the car
and the clutch is slipping, then when it goes you may hurt the flywheel which
will cost more money.
John Hervey
http://www.specialtauto.com/drivetrain.shtml