Re: fan troubles

It does sound like you have a problem with the fans not turning off.
Today I drove around town for a few errands, and not once did the
fans activate on their own. 108°, w/NO stop and go traffic, and no
A/C. Fans turning on @ a little below 220° is normal. My car is the
same way. But the question here is did your temp ever go down? If the
temp never dropped, then your system as far as the fans are concerned
are fuctioning fine. If not, then you may have an issue with coolant
flow. The thermostat in the water pump. It could be possible that it
isn't opening up all the way to allow the proper water flow to cool
the engine. Or it may even be a loose alternator belt not gripping
the water pump pully.

Another possibility could be your A/C. Once you got into the car, did
you turn the blower on? The mode switch may not have been clicked all
the way over, and could have tripped the A/C compressor and fans.

Just a few thoughts...

-Robert
vin 6585

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, Delorean17@xxxx wrote:
> Hello,
> When my fans come on they stay on for a Long time and rarely
turn off.
> They turn on exactly on the line below the 220 mark...
<SNIP>