fan troubles

Hello,
When my fans come on they stay on for a Long time and rarely turn off.
They turn on exactly on the line below the 220 mark. Both of my cooling fans
are rebuilt and work great and are spinning the correct way, etc., etc.
Today I let the car idle for 10 mins until the fans came on and then got on
the highway and traveled at 60 MPH for about 7 minutes and the fans never
shut off until I got home and stopped in the drive way. What is up with
that? They turn off once I stop....hmmmm. I continued to let it idle and
they came back on and the fans ran for about 5 minutes and then shut off
again. It is only about 65 degrees right now. How long should the fans run
before they shut off again? I thought the fans should not come on if you are
going over 50 especially when it is only 65 degrees. Keep in mind that my AC
is NEVER on because it doesn't work. If I continue to drive fast they will
shut off and then come on for a minute every now and then for no apparent
reason.
I have the fan fail fix installed so the "fan fail" light illuminates
when the fans come on I just installed a new DMC Houston otterstat so I know
something else must be wrong. When I touch the coolant pipe coming out of
the passenger side bottom of the radiator it is MUCH cooler than the other
side so the radiator is doing its job well. When you get out of the car you
can feel the warm air being blown from the cooling fans. What could be my
problem? I have an overheat protector/bleeder installed along with the fan
fix from Mr. Hervey. The car only has 17k miles and the water pump doesn't
appear to have any signs of dieing.
I recently drained/flushed the system and added 50/50 premix back in so
the coolant is mixed correctly. Someone said that maybe my timing is off and
causing the engine to get a little hotter than usual but I don't think that
could be it as the engine seems to run quite nicely. I also have the Bosch
platinum 4 prong plugs installed but I don't think that would do it. I hope
I gave a detailed enough description. It seems as my engine is just a
running a touch hotter than it should or there is a failure somewhere in the
circuit.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Its not a big deal but it is going to
drive me crazy until I figure it out.

Thank You
David