Re: [DML] out the window?

Even as much as I've heard from all you guys on here, I'm still somtimes
amazed about people's misconceptions of the car. I try to be as nice as I
can to answer any questions, but I still have to ward off people who want to
dismantle my car to find the cocaine that they swear was hidden in every
DeLorean. I still get the occasional "I used to know a guy who had one but
he couldn't drive it in the rain or it would rust," but lately I've been
getting some weird ones. One man asked me if I built it myself, and another
insisted I had a Chrysler 440 engine. A kid not much older than me pulled
me out of work so he could look at it, but he contested every fact I told
him about the car. He insisted that the car from the factory would do 0-60
in 3.5 secconds if I "knew how to shift right." And another guy was
contemplating my grille with a puzzled look on his face. He then said
"DMC?! Weren't those made by GMC?"

It's okay, I love the questions and I love the car. It's the best thing
I've ever spent money on.

payne
proud owner of #2975

> -I think that most of us have heard about the aluminum bodies, the
helicopter engines, the cocaine jokes, and "where's your flux capacitor?",