pedal vs. leg size was RE: Dead pedal Install

pedal vs. leg size was RE: Dead pedal Install

Walt,

I'm 6' 0" and not in the shorter leg group. I usually drive with the
seat all the way back. I'm not sure if this matters but it might make a
difference depending on your particular driving position. I like to lay
back as far as possible. I would say that if I had an automatic car I
would think a dead pedal would be even better as your left foot doesn't
need to move as there is no clutching. Again the difference IMHO was
remarkable. I now feel as if my left foot isn't flopping in the
footwell but rather in a position that makes shifting a closer move.
I've tried to drive with the seat closer but it feels too.......what's a
good word.......tight, crowded, uncomfortable. The reclined position
works best for me so the addition of the pedal makes for a perfect foot
rest.

Also, one reply posts mentioned that they got their pedal from Rob @ PJ
Grady. I wasn't aware that Rob had them as well. Mine was a Christmas
gift from my wife who saw the DMC Houston mailer that came to the
house, I had circled it as a "wish" item and had forgotten about it
until I opened up my Christmas gift. So, I don't want to offend anyone
by making them sound exclusive to one vendor, if any of you or any our
fine DMC vendors viewed it this way, I am sorry.

Tom
005732 MT

visit me @
http://www.geocities.com/outatime81