Re: [DML] Jumping the RPM relay

Steve

No. The injectors only open when the air flow sensor is pulled or pushed
down. If fuel is coming out of the injectors when the air flow sensor is
shut then either the CO screw is way out of adjustment, and the car probably
would not run, or an injector is leaking and therefore should be replaced.
If you have jumped the RPM relay the system will still be under pressure for
an hour or so after, and pushing down the air flow sensor will dump fuel
into the head.

As a matter of course when I have had any of the fuel system off I jump the
RPM relay so the system is under pressure and I can then check for any leaks
before i start the car.

In the UK it is starting to get hard to get Bosch injectors now and the fuel
pump has been superseded but the new version is thinner and longer so is no
good, but there is a another Bosch pump very similar. I assume the vendors
have a good supply of injectors?

regards

Chris
Vin 16327