Re: no rough idle

You are correct that the cold start valve is only on during cranking
of a cold engine (below 95 degrees). What I meant to say without
getting too technical is that on an initial cold start even after you
stop cranking the engine, until the raw fuel from the cold start valve
is vaporized and consumed the idle motor cannot take full contol of
the idle. So even though it is true that the cold start valve is
closed as soon as you release the starter the effects take a moment to
wear off during which the idle will be "unstable". I hope this clears
up my description for you.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757