Re: [DML] rough running and gas

Sean, The fuel system is like a football team playing. All have to be there
and working properly to make the play. If you take all the team players in
the fuel injection system and line them up from the fuel screen to the
injector, then what your looking for is the weak link or the trouble part out
if the several players in between. The fuel injection system is comprised of
many players. The injectors are mechanical with no adjustment ( linemen and
told what to do). The only thing that opens the injectors is fuel pressure
and the fuel flowing to them via the control plunger in the fuel distributor
which is adjusted up or down by the air low meter and the control pressure
regulator. This is a very balanced system and to often the injectors are
looked upon to be the problem but there not. They open and close as told.
There are several things in the fuel system which effect the pressure. Weak
fuel pump, clogged up filter, mis adjusted pressure regulator, gas lines
crimped, bad gaskets in the fuel distributor and I'm sure other thing but
most of the time would be the adjustment of the air flow sensor plate. If the
02 sensor is operating correct and the control plunger isn't sticking and as
best you can't tell the pressure is ok, Then adjust the air flow sensor
plate. This would be my 1st thing to do after analizing the system.
One thing about cars being stored, If stablizer isn't used and it becomes
time to crank it up a little varnish could have formed and a can of B12 run
thru the gas may unstick the parts. The control plunger would be the main
unit.
I have several books and articles on the K Jetronic system. It's not hard to
understand the system but all the players have to be right.
John hervey
www.specialtauto.com