Re: [DML] rough running and gas

I have a really wacky idea that has just popped into my head (you know how
those things are). On top of that, being not 100% certain on the fuel
injection system, this may not even be possible. But anyway, if some (or
all) of the injectors are misfunctioning in that they allow too much fuel to
enter the cylinders to be burned, you will get (1) poor gas mileage and (2)
a poor running - ie rich - engine. Now the reasons for this to occur could
be numerous, but possibly the injectors are misadjusted allowing fuel at a
lower pressure than normal to open the valve, the injectors are simply
leaking, the fuel distributor is allowing more fuel to pass to the injectors
for each pulse, too high a fuel pressure, and I am sure there are other
reasons.

Is there anyone else out there that could verify that these possibilities
are just that? Even if this doesn't help Joe out, I am interested to know
if these reasons are legitimate.

Sean Howley
VIN#2345