Re: Plastic Header Bottle question

There never was an official recall on the header bottle. It is just
that after 20+ years many owners have seen them split or crack with
the resulting loss of coolant. In light of this there is now a source
producing aluminum and stainless steel replacements. If you decide to
replace I recomend adding an overflow bottle so you can see the fluid
level without having to remove the pressure cap like on other modern
cars.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757