Purolator fuel filter - better?

I found a direct replacement (according to the manufacture) for the
Bosch fuel filter. It's from Purolator. I bought this filter because
it looks like it won't have the same symptoms as the Bosch one does
if you accidentally tighten it too much on the bottom steel fuel line
elbow. For those who don't know of this problem here's what happens:

If you thread the fuel filter onto the steel 90-degree elbow (on the
bottom steel fuel line going to the "In" port of the filter) to
tight, you will restrict the fuel flow causing low fuel pressure and
the fuel system not operating properly or at all. The reason being
this is if you look inside the threaded port where that 90-degree
steel elbow threads into, there's some sort of "dome" or black bubble
(I am assuming that it is made of aluminum). When you thread the
elbow in to far, it hits against this causing the fuel restriction. I
don't know what the purpose of that "bubble" is in the fuel filter
for, anyone on this list know? (I haven't cut the old Bosch filter
open to inspect it yet). Anyway what I THINK is since the filter was
made for a different fuel system on another car, there was no elbow
that threaded into it but a hollow bolt (like what's on the rest of
the fuel system) that threaded into it. Now after putting the two
copper washers with the banjo fitting and threading it into the
bottom of the filter and tighten it down, it would work flawlessly
since there was only enough thread sticking out to only go into the
filter so far. I think someone may have goofed and made the 90 degree
elbow threads the same length as that hollow bolt and forgot to take
into consideration the banjo and the two copper washers thus making
it go into the filter to far if you tighten it to much.

Now here's where the Purolator fuel filter comes into the equation.
If you look into the same "In" port (where that elbow will thread
into) it does not have that "bubble", it's just a straight chamber.
You could tighten up that elbow and thread it as far as it would go
into this filter and it will never hit anything in the filter to
restrict the fuel filter. I'll try to get some pictures of it onto
the files page later tonight along with the part number if the
Moderator gives me permission to do so. One other good thing is that
the filter is a lot cheaper (around $15). I will be installing this
filter this weekend (If it stops raining here!!) and take some fuel
readings with the new fuel pressurs tester I just purchased. I'll
post back the results.

If anyone would still like to use the Bosh fuel filter then you may
be able to work around the problem since if you leave the filter on
the elbow to loose it will leak and if it's to tight you restrict the
fuel flow. One solution (which I have yet to confirm and I will do so
this weekend) is to take the old copper washers off the top of the
filter and transfer BOTH of them to the elbow (of course you'll be
installing new copper washers on the top since you will be changing
your fuel filter). Now the copper washers you put onto the metal
elbow will not be used to seal it, they will just be used as spacers.
You should be using Teflon on the threads of the elbow to seal it.
The copper washers MAY be good enough to space the thread to prevent
it from being tightened too much and also be a guide to not
tightening it enough.

Steve