Re: starting up

If you refer to earlier posts of similar problems since #7 is burnt up
someone probably wired in an inline fuseholder to bypass the burnt
connections to your #7 fuse. Look for an inline fuseholder under the
fuse block or nearby. See if it is burnt up or the fuse is blown. Knut
is right in that by offering advice we sometimes guess wildly because
of the limited and or misleading description of symptoms and the lack
of history on the car. In your case I offer some of the more common
things to look for and at least you haven't had to spend any money
yet! As we go on it may get more complicated or expensive but at least
you will have done all of the simple things and maybe got it going
again. This approach is better than the "shotgun" method employed by
even some of the more experienced mechanics in which you start
replacing parts until the car runs! I prefer to diagnose a problem and
repair or replace only what needs to be done. It is MUCH cheaper,
faster, and I get more satisfaction knowing I have fixed the trouble
for good instead of not knowing just what was bad that was replaced? I
have seen in many cases the troubles were just bad connections and the
act of replacing a part in taking the connections apart and together
"fixed" the problems when it wasn't the "bad" part but actually the
connections. When working on a car your eyes and your brain are your
most important tools! There is also nothing wrong in asking for help
as every mechanic either refers to reference materiel or advice from
others when he isn't sure what to do. Only a fool would never ask for
help when he is in over his head!
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, scottymckenzie@xxxx wrote:
> --- In dmcnews@xxxx, knut.s.grimsrud@xxxx wrote:
> > I don't see how anyone could possibly make an accurate diagnosis
of
> > potential problem with a one sentence description indicated by the
> > author that the car doesn't start. I have no idea how Joseph could
> so
a procedure would generally result in needlessly replacing