Re: Oil Filters

[Moderator Note: As far as I am concerned the oil filter subject is closed. Please see the link provided by Dave Swingle yesterday. - Mike S.]

"Sending units are cheap compared to the engine and I can't see companies
spending millions of dollars designing an oil filter to such high specs just
to hurt the engine.
John Hervey
www.specialTauto.com"<---SNIP

Well John, you better believe it. I heard Rob Grady this past weekend talking about how Fram doesn't recommend using their own filter on the DeLorean even though it fits. The Purflux is the correct part for the DeLorean. I think all DeLorean authorities agree on this one. I know for a fact that any other oil filter can damage and ruin the oil pressure sending unit. And if I'm correct, that sender is around $40. (Not positive on that price though...)

I don't care if it's 2 or 3 times as much as the bosch or fram... I'm using it. Ever hear of "penny wise, pound foolish"?

---Dan