Re: door dings caused by window regulator

Re: door dings caused by window regulator

>From what you've described, what you are looking at is probably
inappropriate closing of the doors. The stainless steel used in the
DeLorean body panels is much softer than typical carbon steel unsed in
conventional cars. Example: When I first got my car, I used to alyways
grab the door on the section right below the rear bottom corner of the
window. Did this daily durring the hot summer in an effort to avoid
burning my hands. What I have ended up with is an indentation of the
glass and rubber seal around into the door. Not very noticable, but I
am still kicking myself over it >:(

Next time you see a car that has this indentation in the door, ask the
owner to close the door and observe them while they do. See where they
grab the door at.

-Robert
vin 6585

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, "Walter" <Whalt@xxxx> wrote:
> I have noticed the same dents in every DeLorean car door that I have
looked
> for them including both the passenger and driver's doors. These
dents on
> every car are located approximately in the center of the door just
below the
> molding. On some cars it is much more noticeable than others,...
<SNIP>