Lifting a lowered car (MacGyver Challenge)

Lifting a lowered car (MacGyver Challenge)

Hi everyone!

I sent my car down to the DeLorean Motor Center in Garden Grove (Don
Steger) a couple months ago and had a ton of work done on it. It's the
best money I've spent since buying the DeLorean. It's my daily driver and
I can now honestly say that I trust my DeLorean 100% - because I trust Don
100%.

But I've got a bit of a problem now. Don lowered the car for me (looks
slick), and now I'm having a bit of a challenge of jacking it up. My floor
jack doesn't fit under the car at the jack points. If i drive the car up
on some 2x4s, I can get the floor jack under the frame at the rear of the
car (with a 2x4 on the jack of course). But even when on 2x4s, there's no
way of getting the jack under the front part of the frame to lift the
front up.

This weekend (or possibly next) I'm planning on changing the oil and
working on the brakes (all the brakes). What I was really hoping to do was
to get the car up on 4 jack stands, one at each jack point. I just can't
figure out how it would be possible to do, given the equipment that I
have. The only thing I could really do is get the back jacked up and on
jack stands while working on the back, and then using the DMC jack kit to
raise each of the front wheels one at a time.

So you've got a floor jack, some wood, a respectable set of tools, and a
Kragen down the road. What would you do? :)

-Christian
-3452 (almost registered in California)