Re: Replacement tranny?

I would be interested to know what was done to the transmission to
"beef it up?" If it is slipping under heavy acceleration here are a
few suggestions, increase line pressure, change the springs in the
clutch packs to heavier springs, go to a racing type trans fluid,
install an auxilliary cooler, remove the filter, change the stall
speed of the torque converter and "loosen" it up so it can slip more.
Modify the valve body to get quicker and more forceful shifts and or
adjust the cable to the govenor to shift earlier, adjust the downshift
micro to engage sooner. Watch the drum of C-1. It is only spot-welded
and under high loads has been known to fail! All of these suggestions
are not for the faint of heart. The way you are using the transmission
and these modifacations WILL shorten the life of the transmission.
There are few if any alternatives to the trans in the Delorean,
certainly none that are economically practical.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, at88mph@xxxx wrote:
> I'm looking for a tranny to replace the stock DeLorean tranny with.
I've