Fixing your headliners

My center headliner has gotten really bad, and I want to attempt to fix it myself. I have looked through the shop manual, and I found how to remove them, but I am not totally clear on the process outlined.

Can I just lift off the door seals or is there an adhesive that holds the seals to the frame as well as to the headliners? If so, how should I go about removing this, and then what do I use again later to re-attach it all?

Any info you can give me would help greatly! I would like to try and do this over the weekend if time and materials permit me to do so! I will take some digital pictures of my progress and post them later on.