Re: fuel baffle, inserting

In a message dated 4/23/01 1:31:17 PM Eastern Daylight Time, Whalt@xxxx
writes:

<< In order to fit it through the fuel pump hole, I had to pass the pieces
through separately; although, I have heard of some magicians fitting them
through the hole pre-assembled.

Only semi-assembled. You can thread the "frying pan handle" of the big piece
partly thru the appropriate slot in the base pan, like it shows in the
service bulletins, but it would be impossible to insert it fully assembled.
The top piece flexes horizontally and the bottom piece flexes vertically, so
they would pop apart. (If anybody ever makes repros... try an oval shape!)
Don't over squeeze it either. It's pretty flexible but not indestructible.
Then slip the two into mating position and cram down on them until it snaps
together.
For my money... I'd track one down from a parts car, if none of the vendors
can supply one.

Wayne A. Ernst
DMCTech Group