RE: [DML] DMC Tech - Final Update (LONG)

RE: [DML] DMC Tech - Final Update (LONG)

I may be overstepping my bounds as I have not had to do a tremendous amount
of searching of the archives recently, but one thing comes to mind. What
the heck is this going to be? I mean all the information is there in the
backissues for anyone to search right? And for the last 4 years that I have
been a member, only a small portion of posts come from people saying they
had searched the archives and were unable to find their answer. Those
questions come in and are answered very quickly, even sometimes by the
original author providing the link to the backissue. I am unclear as to
what the problem is and why there needed to be a regurgitation of duplicate
information placed anywhere in the first place?

This all seems to be a lot of work for nothing. I mean simple filing rules
apply. I don't have 2 files in my desk drawer for each company I deal with,
that would be absurd. We have data dating back to the origins of the DML,
in a searchable form, is that not good enough?

Someone stop me here if I have missed something big besides the problem with
searching so many archives...But eventually won't the new list end up the
same way over time? Or won't this confuse new members who are looking for
information?

I have had the opportunity to discuss this with others from the list, who
share the same concerns, so I am not alone here.

Remember, these are just the ramblings of a dumb kid who just woke up, and
retaliation can be directed to me privately.

Jack & Virginia Stiefel
1981 DeLorean Vin 03461 August 1981 Build NYS Lic: 1981 DMC
1997 Red BMW Z3 Convertible 6 cyl
1999 Ford Expedition 4x4 Eddie Bauer Edition
2001 Black PT Cruiser Limited w/ Flames

Win FREE stuff and receive your own FREE email address at
http://www.sacketmansion.com