Re: Fuel Pump Noise Cured!

I actually just performed this procedure on one of the new fuel pickup
lines last weekend. The new ($91) one is of very high quality, much
stiffer than the original ones. I figured this would help prevent it
from collapsing when heated, so I decided just to leave it at that.
But I was at a surplus store over the weekend and somthing really
caught my eye. A HUGE tub of identical springs, with a similar size
to the pickup line. But what really caught my attention was thier
flexibility. I had pondered putting a spring in my original line but
I could never find one flexible enough to keep the line in its
original form. I decided to buy one ($0.85) just so I could see how
well it fit. Well, it couldn't have been a better size, it fits in
the new pickup line snugly, along with keeping the line in its
original shape. Now its IMPOSSIBLE to kink, or collapse the new line.
The only downside I can see from this is that the spring is ordinary
steel. So if I ever let the line go dry it may start to rust, but
that isn't unlike the fuel pump or any other car's gas tank. I would
strongly suggest this mod to ANYONE, regardless of the condition of
your new or original hose. It will lengthen the life of your fuel
pump and relieve much annoyace from a noisy pump. Happy Driving!

Jim Reeve
MNDMC - Minnesota DeLorean Club
DMC-6960