First Drive - Happy Hour!

Today was the first day of 2001 I had my car outside and driven. The snow is long gone here in the southern part of Norway, and today the weather was sunny. Last weekend + Monday and Tuesday, I did a few things to get my DeLorean ready for spring and of course the drive from Norway to England to get to EUROFEST in May.

I installed the battery saver from DMC Joe (Plug and Play, not plug and pray! ;-) ) With good help from my online friends Warren and Stephen at DMC Houston together with Jan van de Wouw (Netherlands) and Ralf Phillip (Germany), I finally was able to sort out my wiring problems and clean up the mess from the previous owner(s). I now have a Sony CD-player with green illumination (perfect), but I will keep the Craig in my DMC memorabilia collection just for nostalgia.

Today I drove my DeLorean again - as always a great car! It has never left me stranded yet, and hopefully never will!

It still handles so well, and is such a joy to drive!

Again, I love seeing the jaws drop on people looking/staring at the car and pointing. You can see everyone is excited of that "futuristic car".

Is it just me or does anyone else on this list feel the same? I mean whenever I get out of the car, opening the gullwing doors, I automatically get a big smile on my face...and yes, the smile is also there even if there is not people looking.

The DeLorean is a cute car which really makes my day. If I'm in a bad mood, I just go out for a drive and come back as a new person.

So there you go, just a little report from "over here", I think the DML should have more positive postings of our experiences with the D! It is so special, and so are everyone here on the list, always helpful and really caring! Keep up the good work, the DeLorean will live on forever and give new dreams to the next generation.

Best wishes
Stian Birkeland
Norway

VIN #06759
(Yes, the VIN is supposed to be written with 5 digits, not the last 4!)