Re: frequency valve again

Jim, The FV pulse ratio is controlled by the Lambda unit and the 02
sensor after the warm up and the thermal switch has been enabled. If
what your saying about the vaccuum hoses is correct, then the 02 has
probably been contaminated beyond repair and needs to be replaced.The
FV should be running at idle to lessen the fuel pressure in the lower
chamber to run leaner. But: is the engine hot or cold. If it's cold
it's going to run rich. Crank it up and go out and drive it till it
gets hot. Then listen to the FV and maby some of the contaminates may
burn off the 02.
John Hervey
www.specialtauto.com

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, Jim Strickland <ihaveanaccount@xxxx> wrote:
> I recently started working on my car again, and got some more
strange
> running results.. Before, when the key was turned to the 'on'
position, the
> frequency valve would buzz and buzz and not stop. NOW, it's
buzzing for
> about a second, and stopping. What is it supposed to do? If it's
supposed
> to keep buzzing, does anyone guess why mine is not?
>
> I've been fighting with another problem- running rich. I just
recently
> found that 4 of my vaccuum lines were hooked up incorrectly- the
fuel
> pressure regulator was hooked (at the T) to the manifold, the hose
the
> regulator should be hooked to was connected to the distributor's
spark
> advance, and the other two hoses coming out from under the air
intake were
> connected to the solenoid. Who would have created this
debauchery!!? Also