Re: Radio wiring - Need more help!

Stian wrote:

> John's radio diagram is great BUT I have more problems:
> What do you do when the radio wiring isn't there...
[snip]
> My question, where are the wires suppose to come from,
> from behind the center console?

If my memory serves me right the wires come out of the central
wiringloom, the one coming to the front on the righthandside of
the center console, then making a turn underneath the radiobracket
and going back down the lefthandside...
Both strands/looms of wiring are visible in the files-area at:

The gey wires are new speakerleads I put in, the red one is powersupply
to the radio, tapped from the "hot" side of the DoorLock-circuitbreaker
with an inline fuse at the "hot" end (near the breaker...).

> I need to hook up new wires. I have the speaker wires and
> antenna, but am missing the original +12V wire together with the +12V
> ignition wire... I think they are supposed to be red and orange
> respectively. Please help!

I put in a new powerlead because I didn't really trust the currentrating
of the original wire, I DID leave it in as feed for my carkit.
You can tap into the wiring under the shifterplate for the ACC-wire:
there's a lightgreen w/ white stripe wire under there as preparation for
the gearshiftillumination on the automatics. If you HAVE an automatic,
just tap into the wire using a "scotch-lock".

Don't worry about the currentdraw; this wire is part of the original loom
the radio got power from, so it can handle it AND it wouldn't really
draw that much current since it only has to keep the presets and keeps the
clock running on time, the operating current is drawn from the +12V.
Put in a fuse for 3Amps just to be safe (that's the originally used rating,
so no problem there either...)

Good Luck and just mail me if you need additional help,

JAN van de Wouw
Thinking Different... Using a Mac...

#05141 "Dagger" since Sept. 2000

check out the Delorean-Files at: