Good morning list!

I see we're up and active. Back to my current project (which I can be
talked out of in a hot minute if someone has something better to
offer). I respond Particularly re the posting concerning the damaging
of the reputation of the D's by helping owners figure out problems.

First, I really shouldn't have to say this but it seems I do. Every car
has problems, even new ones are subject to recall, it's helpful to know
what the problems are before you find out the hard way, it's doubly
helpful to know the fix in advance.

I've been on the list exactly 2 months but I've been on earth far longer
than most of you (including Darryl T.) and though I'm not always right
my percentage is pretty good.

The proposed Newbie Corner or whatever it turns out to be is simply
meant to cover the questions you don't know the answer to when you jump
in, and some, obviously, even if you've been around awhile.

Proposed topics are the things I couldn't intuitively know plus the same
from others. We, as a group, are in the business of exchanging thoughts
and ideas, in other words, helping each other by pooling our individual
experiences and wisdom. If this is wrong then I need a better
explanation.

Topics I plan to cover, and this mainly a compilation of what has been
covered on the list, and in particular those that keep coming up, are
things like:

How to lift the car, how to treat the interior (what's leather, what
isn't), how to service the tail light assembly including the special
screw driver, how to remove the radio, how to remove the door panel, how
to service the window mechanism, basics of how the idle circuit works,
Main hot start, cold start and no start problems, basic upgrades like
the plastic to metal change in the radiator and coolant overflow, main
problems to expect with a car taken out of storage and whatever more
along those lines that comes up.

Subjects not to be covered are things like the lock solenoids and the
fans, they have simply been hammered to death, they are all over the
place and easy to find. What I'm proposing is an easy to find, easy to
understand primer, all in one place.

I've had two very low class attacks, cheap shots if you will, privately
of course. There are among us some of the very lowest, who's only joy
seems to be degrading others. The moderators, bless 'em, catch most of
it. I don't like bullies and I encourage free exchange of ideas, I want
to know what you have to say and how you did something, what I know for
sure is that you can learn from anybody, frequently from a source you
feel can't possibly have anything of value to impart...big mistake!

If I were a moderator, and trust me, I have enough to do, I don't need
that aggravation, there are a lot of postings that wouldn't happen. As
soon as a pointless attack occurred except for the poster getting his
jollies, it would be gone. I feel that a free exchange of ideas can't
possibly occur if whenever you post what you think to be helpful you
become a big fat target and get shot full of holes.

One further point, upon making correction to what you feel is an
incorrect posting, it's not really necessary to use hob nailed boots to
jump on the offender, how about a little kindness, a little tact, (do I
sound like Rodney King).

Take your shots.

Les